Continuing the celebration for J.K. Rowling’s 50th I’ve prepared some yummy coconut fudge! (Recipe is adapted from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook).
Shimmering Pink Coconut Ice – no cook recipe
2 & 1/2 cups Organic Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Popcorn Salt
Pink food coloring or Petal Dusts
Cake Sparkles or Luster Petal Dust
- Prepare a 10X10 inch pan with parchment paper on bottom and sides or spray sides with a non-stick baking spray, set aside.
- Sift powdered sugar into a good sized bowl. Toss in coconut and popcorn salt.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix by hand until combined; no visible dry pieces. Separate the batch evenly into two parts and cover one, set aside.
- Tint one half pink. Start out with a little until you achieve color you prefer.
- Grab some plastic wrap or nonstick foil and place plain half of batch atop, flatten slightly. Place another piece of wrap/foil over and use a rolling pin to make a square about the size of your pan. Place this half into your prepared pan. Repeat steps for pink half, placing it atop the plain. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove pan and loosen fudge from sides. Cut into squares. Lightly mist each square with water or using a little piping gel, decorate with cake sparkles and enjoy! If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I used several square cutters to make mini tiered cakes J